FirstSchool partners with school communities to focus on improving PreK-3rd grade school experiences for African American, Latino and low-income children and their families. The FirstSchool team provides research expertise and professional development support in collaboration with districts, schools, administrators, and teachers. Read more about our work here and explore our site to access related resources!
Where You Can Find Us Lately
Presentations: National Association for the Education of Young Children Institute for Early Childhood Professional Development, Baltimore MD, June 5-8.
Presentations: Vermont Early Learning Standards Summer Institute, Burlington VT, June 20-24.
2016 Early Childhood Inclusion Institute , Chapel Hill, NC
- National Black Child Development Institute 44th Annual Conference, Detroit, MI
Governor's P-3 Symposium, Reno, NV
Hartford Public Schools, Hartford, CT state & local leaders, community partners, administrators, and teachers on PreK-3, building culture of collaborative inquiry, key instructional practices, and effective use of data
- National QRIS Conference, Denver, CO What does it take to develop and sustain excellence in teaching in an early childhood classroom?")
- Discussion of President's Early Education Agenda, Washington, DC
- Leading Pre-K-3 Learning Communities: Competencies for Effective Principal Practice (National Association of Elementary School Principals-NAESP)
- Data Snapshot: Early Childhood Education (U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights)
- Pre-K-Grade 3 Reading and Literacy Practices That Matter report (Education Commission of the States)
- New report: Pre-K-3 reform requires leadership at all levels (Foundation for Child Development)
NC receives waiver for No Child Left Behind (NC Public Schools)