FirstSchool partners with school communities to focus on improving PreK-3rd grade school experiences for African American, Latino and low-income children and their families. The FirstSchool team provides research expertise and professional development support in collaboration with districts, schools, administrators, and teachers. Read more about our work here and explore our site to access related resources!
- Data Snapshot: Early Childhood Education (U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights)
- Last Quarter in FirstSchool (7/13)
- Pre-K-Grade 3 Reading and Literacy Practices That Matter report (Education Commission of the States)
- New report: Pre-K-3 reform requires leadership at all levels (Foundation for Child Development)
- NC receives waiver for No Child Left Behind (NC Public Schools)
National PreK-3 group holds continuing series of webinars (The PreK-3rd Grade National Work Group)