Leadership that promotes and sustains change
- Leaders promote ongoing development of culturally responsive practitioners focused on a critical approach to teaching and learning.
- Leaders establish a climate in which the education of the child is a shared responsibility of the entire school community.
- Leaders support a school climate that welcomes an inquiry approach to teaching and learning.
- Leaders promote thinking that help education professionals prioritize structures and practices that allow time for planning, learning and communication amongst all members of the school community.
- Administrators remain well-versed in current research on best practice and child development.
- Decisions are data-driven and promote success for each individual student.
- Extensive efforts are made to ensure that families are represented and involved in the decision-making process.